Wanting to contain your food waste and garden waste into a nice looking composting bin, that helps speed up the composting process? While ensuring it will not attract rodents? Then, this 200L Garden Composter is perfect for you.
Material: HDPE Plastic (Recyclable), Rotomoulded for durability.
Comes unassembled for ease of transport & storage (3 separate pieces fit together). The top section can also be removed to more easily check & stir the content as needed.
Outer Dimensions: approx. 80 W x 34 D x 93cm High (oval shape on the ground).
This unit has a base so it can be used on ground other than grass/soil.
Capacity: approx. 200 litres ; Made in South Africa.
Note we recommend 2 separate Garden composters so the full one can have time to do its work while the empty one gets filled.
How does it work?
1) Find the right point for your Garden Composter, remember the composter should be in an easily accessible place.
2) (Optional): When setting up the bin, secure it by digging a hole approximately 8cm deep, place the bin inside the hole and cover the bin lip with the soil. Note this is optional for this Composter has this unit has a base, and hence does not need to be secured into soil.
3) Cover the bin with the lid.
4) Throw your organic waste via the lid on the top. Retrieve the pre-compost using the front door.
What to include in your Composter:
* You will need an even balance of green waste (like lawn, food scraps) and brown waste (like leaves, twigs).
* Most food waste from your kitchen can be added, as well as garden cuttings, leaves, straw, twigs, newspaper.
* To ensure you don’t attract rodents, leave out meat waste and dairy products. Also, exclude plants that have been sprayed with chemicals.
* It is not necessary to add water or activating agents, although if it looks very dry, add more “green waste” or add a little water.
* Once a week, turn the compost mix inside using a stick or garden fork.
* After 3 to 6 months, the content should start turning into “dark soil” and have an earthy smell – compost will be ready to use in your garden.